Sunday, October 18, 2015

Inspire to be inspired

Hi everyone, thank you for coming to my blog. Prepare to be inspired by how I was inspired!

Allow me to shed a little light about my past. As a teenager, I was an adolescent child trapped in a man’s body. Because my parents loved me so much, they provided everything for me. I was grateful and thankful, but sometimes I took their provision for granted.

I remembered that at times, my attitude towards people were cold and insensitive. I did not care much about the people around me and that made me selfish. The word “I” began to revolve around me and I would always think of myself before others.

However, in the 4th quarter of 2014, I joined Faith Community Baptist Church (FCBC) and had a great revelation. The pastor, Reverent Daniel Khong, spoke about life. He preached about what life is and he challenged all who were present to have a vision. I recalled hearing this quote from the bible “he will never leave you nor forsake you”.  “He” representing the almighty God. This quote gave me security, wisdom, strength and all that I could have possibly asked for.

I am extremely grateful to Rev. Daniel Khong for his words of wisdom as what he said changed my life, a 180 degrees. Now, I strive to have a passion for life instead of my previous selfish ambitions. I want to change and grow to fulfill my purpose in life. I was given life and I will make full use of it.

To end it off, I would like to challenge all you readers to find your purpose in life and your vision. What do you want to accomplish?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Nat,

    I'm glad to hear your attitude towards life has changed. I used to have a similar attitude towards my parents but I have changed for the better now that I realise they are ageing. Having a faith is important; our beliefs are what keep us going in tough times. Good effort!

    Cheers,
    Hui Wen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathaniel,

    So often while we are chasing after our ambitions. we tend to lose ourselves in the process. Hence, I am glad that you have found your purpose in life. Always remember that change is the only constant.

    This is a good post.

    - yanyan

    ReplyDelete