Friday, November 6, 2015

Presentation reflection

I feel that my presentation on the 5th of November was good but not perfect. I was brimming with confidence during my presentation, and I also enjoyed being the center of attention. However, there were a few critical mistakes which I made.

Firstly, I could have stood at a different spot where I would be facing the audience without turning my head too often. This is the first step to a good presentation, standing at the correct spot! I also feel that because of my bad position, Diyannah and Nurul could not hear me clearly.

Secondly, the most important mistake is the lack of selling the idea. I feel that my team and I could have prepared a richer content for the audience. I initially assumed that we were selling the idea, but I was naive to think so.

Thirdly, I did not provide enough eye contact towards my audience. As mentioned by two of my friends, I only glanced and did not focus on individuals from time to time. By using this style of presentation, I could have a more persuasive persona.

Lastly, as a group, we could have answered the audience immediately even if we did not know how to answer. What we could have said was 'We will get back to you on this.'. I felt like a sitting duck when we could not provide a proper reply towards the audience.

As the presentation content is similar to the technical report, I have to put in more effort in constructing a report that will entice the reader to read on and consider our solutions. A major content change would be needed to refine the technical report.

Looking at my comments from my classmates, I have a long way to go to achieve perfection. I have so many regrets, but I will learn from my mistakes and move on. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped my team reflect and grow by providing construction criticism.

Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Nat S!
    Being the first to present, I thought you did pretty well. Learn from your mistakes and keep practicing. With practice, you will definitely improve. I had my flaws too during my presentation. Let's work on it and improve alright.

    Cheer up Nat !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat

    You did well for your presentation. The key things for you was to be more persuasive in selling the idea and the position to face all the students. This is also what I need to improve on too.

    Let's work hard and improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo Nat,

    I like how you pointed out all your mistakes. The best way to improve yourself is to accept all the negative feedback and reflect on them, which is exactly what you are doing. I am sure you will do better at the next few presentations (if you don't then you are not the Nat we all know). I also think you shouldn't call your mistakes regrets, as you did not know they would be mistakes. A regret is when you do a wrong thing when you know what is right. So don't beat yourself up about it.

    Sincerely,
    Xue Yuan

    ReplyDelete